We’re pleased to welcome the following 501 c3 non-profit organization to the Cars2ndChance family: Rotary Club of Alamo, CAThe Rotary Club of Alamo joins fourteen (14) other partners that were added earlier as partners and designated recipients. Partners apply and if granted, receive a portion of donated proceeds when donors select that organization on our Donation page.
To designate a charity to receive a portion of funds donated, on the Donation page where it says, Optional: Select A Recipient School or Charity
, click on the pull-down menu icon to view all the organizations. Find the organization and click on it. Then fill out the remainder of the form and click “Send Information”. It’s that easy! Have another question? Go to our full list of Frequently Asked Questions
The Rotary Club of Alamo is known as “The Can Do” Club. Proceeds from the Cars2ndChance program will help the Club continue its many community service and international projects. The Club:
- Supports the music programs in six local schools;
- Sponsors two RotaCare Free Medical Clinics in Pittsburg and Richmond that provide volunteer quality health care to uninsured and underserved adults with acute or chronic medical conditions;
- Provides books to local school libraries and dictionaries to third-grade students in two local elementary schools;
- Undertook a major project to beautify the I-680/Stone Valley interchange in Alamo and sponsors the yearly Easter Egg Hunt that is enjoyed by hundreds of local children;
- Supports Meals On Wheels and the East Bay Stand Down project to help our underserved Veterans.
Internationally, The Rotary Club of Alamo has achieved close to $500,000 in Rotary International Foundation
Grants for education and literacy projects in the Pondicherry region of India benefiting some 44,000 school aged children.
The Rotary Club of Alamo was founded on May 7, 1971 and has 45 members. The Club meets on Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. at Round Hill Country Club, 3169 Round Hill Road, Alamo.
Wish to make a donation for local and international projects? Checks should be sent to The Foundation of the Rotary Club of Alamo, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Our federal tax identification number (EIN) is 77-0600752. The address is the same as the Club P.O. Box.
Visit the Rotary Club of Alamo Facebook page: